YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Prefixes and Suffixes

This is the first of many project posts I will be making this week. This is a great project for students to create new words. My students have been working on prefixes and suffixes all year, but now that it is close to testing time, I wanted them to just play around with the skills they are working on.
This is the board that I created after my students were finished. Since this picture was taken many more have been added to the wall.
These are two close up examples of the student product. The students used the prefixes and suffixes cards from the following packet which can be found on Teachers Pay Teachers.
The students used post it notes to write their root words and then pasted it to their construction paper. Under the post it notes they wrote what the new word means when they added their prefix or suffix. Before the students pasted, we had a conference where the students had the following attached rubric. I graded students based on their word creations, spelling, explanations of word meanings, and presentation. I hope you enjoy this activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment